Thursday, July 03, 2008

Van Gogh: The Passionate Eye


This lovely little book includes a brief biography of the artist and some critical essays of his work as well. Of course, it also features some nice samples of his work.

And I have it because I've been obsessed with Vincent Van Gogh since childhood. I heard this song and had to know more.



As I got older, I felt a little embarrassed that this song might be so cheesy and that it might be a bit cliche'd to be an alienated teenager into Van Gogh. So I didn't talk about how much I loved his passionate, expressive style.

But later, I heard this song and fell in love with his work again.



When I went to Amsterdam to the Van Gogh Museum, it made me feel connected and alienated at the same time. You could feel his aloneness, but you felt it so much that there was a connection.

What will I do with it?
I've gotta keep it, but you can buy your own copy here!

No comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru
Distributed by Free Blogger Templates