Monday, July 14, 2008

Guerrilla Marketing in 30 Days

I found my copy on this very useful and wonderful website.

I avoid a lot of marketing books, because I resent being marketed to, and I don't want to be the obnoxious marketer who makes you more likely to flee than to buy. However, it just turns out that I dislike bad marketing and would actually happily support marketing that brought things that I like to me. So, that's how I'm trying to view marketing now. I'm trying to see it as merely a way to introduce myself to people who don't already know where to find my product.

Like this blog, for instance. In a way, it's marketing, because every image points you to a place where you can find the object so that you can own it yourself. This might be annoying. Or it might be very helpful that someone else found the exact item that you sought and told you exactly where to go to find it. I know when I look at other peoples' books, I often think that I'd like to buy a copy for myself, but I forget to look for it later, or I don't know the exact specifics to be sure I'm buying the right thing.

And everything that I have on this site is something that I've connected to at some point in my life. So I'm sharing my life and sending it off at the same time. And rather than marketing, I see this as a sort of seeking for similar souls. I'm cataloging my life and hoping to make friends with people with similar catalogs.

What will I do with it?
I've got much to learn, so I'm going to keep it, but you can find your own copy here!

No comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru
Distributed by Free Blogger Templates