Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big-eyed Farm Girl Playing Cards

My mother shops all year for the holidays and has several closets in her home where she hides gifts until holiday time. Every Christmas, my mother would look over what we'd opened and then jump up to find something she'd forgotten to wrap. She'd say, "Oh, I think Santa forgot to wrap one more present!" She'd find it, wrap it, and then present it to us.

I found out several years later, that there were always even more presents that she'd just forgotten about completely. This was one such gift. It's a double deck of cards that she'd meant to give to me when I was a little girl, but it was so far hidden in the back of one of her closets that it didn't re-emerge until the early '90s when I helped her sort her closets.

What will I do with it?
Keep it. It's too cute to get rid of. And I don't think we have any other decks of playing cards. We might need them for an emergency.

No comments:

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru
Distributed by Free Blogger Templates